Monthly Archives: July 2013
The truth is, when you are in a problematic stage of your life, the experiences that you get then will never leave your mind. It is also true that the most successful people have had terrible pasts that have molded them into what they are today.
That remains the secret of every successful person you will meet – try and turn even the defeats into future victories in your life.
They say that every cloud has a silver lining, and it is so true when you consider there could be a great tomorrow thanks to an ugly yesterday. Authentic happiness is something we all can work towards if we realize that the ultimate outcomes of our life lie in our own hands.
We need to simply realize that we are in control of our own destiny. We need to realize these things, and face out every problem in a healthy spirit, knowing there is happiness right behind the ugly clouds that the problem poses as.
Just as water never ceases to flow whatever you keep in its path, so must we also never cease to follow our dreams in spite of obstacles in our paths. The joy of success is after all even greater when we face hurdles and overcome them along the way.
It is true that sometimes our problems seem so big that they are all we can see, and at times like this it is all we can do to move on in life, hoping to see a ray of light soon, and that is something that does come eventually. After going through darkness, we know how to appreciate that light even more.
You achieve authentic happiness only when you stand after you have fallen a few times. Just as an infant falls a few times before he can walk, so do we all, face hurdles when we make mistakes in life. All we need to do is learn from these mistakes so we do not fall into the same pit over and over in life.
Emerson said that authentic happiness is a feeling that goes beyond the normal states of human pleasure. It is a state of mind that engulfs the whole human spirit, so you remain hopeful in spite of seemingly dire consequences not too far away.
So, get to authentic happiness, which should be your ultimate goal in life.
Welcome your sorrows and face your problems, after all they help you make a better tomorrow.
If you are into financial investment, you’re probably very familiar with Mr. Warren Buffet (1951–present). He is the most successful investor in the world. His investment strategies are legendary and many people seek to learn after him.
Even more respectable, he pledged to give away 99% of his wealth (more than $30 billions at the time of the pledge in 2006) to non-profit foundations, mostly to Bill Gate’s Foundation.
Mr. Buffet often travels to universities to give speeches to educate and motivate students. Here is one of his speeches to teach us the value of our body, to invest in ourselves, in education for a great future.
Imagine that a Genie offers you any car in the world. The catch is that it is the only car you will ever own. What would you do?
You would read the manual ten times, change the oil twice as often as required, and you would take fastidious care so that that car remained the car of your dreams forever.
Think about what this tells you about your body.
You get only one mind and one body–the same ones you will have at 20, 40, 60, etc.
Take care of them and maximize their potential. It will be too late to take care of your body and mind (and car) later on. You can maintain them, but it is hard or impossible to undo big mistakes or negligence later on. You do not want to end up with a wreck on your hands.
Your main asset in life is yourself.
Treat yourself as a valuable asset. I often explain to students that I would be willing to pay today for a percentage of the future earnings of good students.
If you value yourself, and invest in yourself, you will be worth a great deal through out your lifetime, both to yourself and to your community.
Author: Warren Buffet
Everything in this world is run by time, from a puny thing like one second of time being spent on logging on your facebook to the most important speech given by the president informing the world is coming to an end by colliding with mars.
Therefore it is not at all surprising people are working hard to maximize their time by proper management.
Everyone in this world is mortal, and the average life span of humans is also showing decline, there are so many natural catastrophes happening due to the abuse we caused to the environment all the time, ever since man landed on planet earth. Maybe this is the reason why everyone is trying to do everything in a short span of time.
The fear to die, unforgiving minutes running away, decreasing our life span by every minute, hour and day etc has forced us to become multi taskers.
You should not cause panic to yourself by thinking that you are losing time, if you do proper time management you can get the benefit of every nanosecond that is passing by without ever repenting about it. If we know how to make use of whatever time we have got in this world we will be the most blessed people on earth.
Some experts say, we spend 20% time and get 80 % rewards with the use of time and conversely we may spend 80% of time and get only 20% of rewards if we do not know the effective time management. Therefore we should stick to engaging in such kind of activities by utilizing 20 % time and getting 80% rewards and not do activities where we spend 80% time and get only 20% rewards.
We may not reap all the benefits from every single activity that we do, we should try at least to get the most of what we do and get good value of time .We should not get tempted by greed, and try to do everything in a single span of time to reap greater benefits and rewards. This is only gamble and no rewards will come rushing if we do so. Therefore proper time management is the key to greater benefits
Following are few tips that might be helpful to you for your time management;
Tip 1: Say No when Necessary:
Many people take too much of work and are unable to handle in the given span of time .Due to the overload of work, the get burdened and instead of enjoying their work the y are completing it only because it has to be done. In times like these when you have no time for yourself and how can you please anyone else by doing their work. When you get in similar situation, learn to say no when it is necessary for you .You can say no very politely without showing any signs of you not wanting to do the work but are unable to do because of the overload. Always take as much as you can do. Learn to calculate properly, it will help you in the long run.
Tip 2: Prioritizing:
List down all the work you have to do and place them in the order, the most important ones being on the top and least at the last of the list. This will save you lot of time.
Tip 3: Evaluation of tasks:
Most of us see our mails, read through them then keep them for a later date to act. For instance, if you receive some kind of questionnaire from somewhere, you would automatically tend to keep it for a later date to fill. This is a simple waste of time. When you refer this questionnaire later, you may have to read through again to get familiar with the whole thing all over again, again you tend to waste your time here. Therefore, whenever possible just finish your task then and there only, keeping it for later date means only leaving room for time wastage.
Tip 4: Delegate:
When some things that are to be done do not need your personal attention, then get them done by someone else. Therefore delegate. Also do not take unnecessary work which other people want to delegate to you .Do not misunderstand this tip. Delegating your work to others does not mean in any case that the work you are supposed to do should be given to others and also you should not help other. You can do all this only when you have finished your important works you were supposed to do.
Tip 5: Follow a schedule:
Give appropriate time for each task that you are to do.Truely speaking you can neither say you have no time or you are too busy to do the tasks you are supposed to do. List down your important things on top which are to be done. Stick to your schedule religiously. Do what is important and needs to be done. If you ever feel that you are burdened with work, sit cool and assess the situation. You can tackle anything and everything with proper time management.
Time = life; therefore, waste your time and waste of your life, or master your time and master your life. ~Alan Lakein
Ctrl+t New tab
Ctrl+w Close tab
Ctrl+n New Window
Ctrl+1 to Ctrl+8 Jump tab 1 to 8
Ctrl+Shift+N New incognito window
Alt+D Go to address bar
Ctrl++ / Ctrl+- Zoom in / Zoom out
F11 Full Screen on/off
Ctrl+Shift+t Open closed tab
Ctrl+Shift+i Open developers tools
A few useful Chrome URLs:
chrome://extensions – Open extensions
chrome://history – Open history
chrome://feedback – Open feedback
chrome://cache – Open cache
chrome://crashes – Open crash reporting
chrome://crash – Open crash page
chrome://flash – Open flash extension details
chrome://flags – Open flags settings
Here are some Firefox Tricks to help you work faster:
Open your Firefox browser and copy paste the below codes one by one into the address bar and press enter.
Trick 1: chrome://global/content/alerts/alert.xul
This will show you a dancing Firefox. Your Firefox window will automatically popup anywhere at screen.
Trick 2: chrome://browser/content/browser.xul
This will open another Firefox within in a new tab. So you will have Firefox within Firefox.
Trick 3: chrome://browser/content/preferences/preferences.xul
This will open Firefox options dialog box in new tab.
Trick 4: chrome://browser/content/bookmarks/bookmarksPanel.xul
This will open your Firefox bookmark manager in new tab.
Trick 5: chrome://browser/content/history/history-panel.xul
This will open your history in new tab.
Trick 6: chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.xul?type=extensions
This will open your extensions tab in your current window.
Trick 7: chrome://browser/content/preferences/cookies.xul
This will open the “cookies window” inside a tab in the Firefox window.
Trick 8: chrome://browser/content/preferences/sanitize.xul
This will open the “Clear Private Data” window inside the current tab.
Trick 9: chrome://browser/content/aboutDialog.xul
This will open the “About Firefox” Dialog box inside the tab.
Here are some amazing IE (Internet Explorer) Tricks and Tips.
1. Here’s an easy way to scroll through a webpage
Press the spacebar and you will scroll down a page. Hold down the Shift key and press the Spacebar and you will scroll up a page.
2. Here’s an easy way to type in an address in the address bar without having to click in it.
Press Alt-D, then type in the address.
3. Use IE in full screen mode
Press F-11 (the F keys are in the very top row of the keyboard) to put IE into “full screen” mode. You will use the entire screen for the viewing a webpage – except for the topmost toolbar. So take it a step farther. Right-Click on that toolbar at the top of the screen and click on Auto-Hide. Now, even the Toolbar is hidden. It comes back if you move the mouse to the top of the screen.
4. Set the IE window size and position
This bugged me for a long time. I open IE and the window is a weird size. You can set the default size of new IE windowss so they always open to the size that you specify. Open IE, and resize it and reposition it exactly the way you would like all new windows to look. When it’s perfect, hold down the Shift Key and close the window. The next time you start IE (or open a new window) it will be your preferred size and screen position!
5. Change the font size of a webage.
Ever go to a webpage and the type size is microscopic. You can make the type size bigger by holding down the CTRL key and turning the mouse wheel. Move the wheel up, the size gets smaller. Move the wheel down, the size gets larger.
6. Open a link in a new window
Hold the Shift key when you click on a link. The link will open up in a new browser window. When you are done looking at that page, just close the window and you are right back to your original page.
7. Go back to the previous webpage – or forward to the former one.
Stop hitting that back button! You can go back to the previous webpage by holding down the Shift key and turning the mouse wheel. Turn it down – you go back. Turn it up – you go forward.
8. Want to set a new homepage – or does your homepage keep getting reset by your teenage son? (Your homepage is the page you go to when you start IE).
Go to the page you want as your new home page. Drag the icon in the Address Bar (next to the word Address) to the Home icon (the little house) in the Standard Toolbar. You will get a message asking you if you want to set your home page to that address – answer “Yes.”
9. You can easily determine when a web page was last updated.
(1) Open up the page you want.
Note: Your browser must be java capable to do this.
(This is nice but too much typing. You can take this a tip a bit farther by clicking on the link below and learning how to make a link which is placed in the Links Bar or in your Favorites so that when you click on and it automatically gives you the date and time the webpage was modified. If you’re a little bit of a techie, try it – it’s fun and useful – definitely gets )
10. A new way to scroll
Don’t have a scroll wheel on your mouse. You can right-click on the scroll bar (extreme right side of the screen) and you get several options to scroll. The Top and Bottom takes you to the top and bottom of the webpage instantly. Try them all. This works even if you have a scroll wheel on your mouse.
Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” Winston Churchill.
Positive attitude is a strong link that connects with confidence and performance. Think of a stage performer who has stage fright.
We do not spend a lot of time thinking about it, until we see the extremes at work in our lives and relationships, personally and professionally, either positive or negative. Hugh Downs once quipped equally eloquently that a happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.
So what are we to make of this all?
Positive attitude, thoughts, actions, beliefs, learned behavior, genetics, predispositions, it is all a state of mind, mind over matter and easy to do, most wisdom and thought out there currently tote. When it comes to the practicalities thought insights remains sparse and the battle is ongoing.
The jury is out in most cases on how exactly this mind-body-soul type connection actually works, secrets, laws of attractions, power of positive thought, there certainly are numerous musing available on the topic.
Just try thinking at the thoughts you had in the last couple of minutes as you were starting to read this blog, what were your thoughts? What were you saying to yourself? Were your thoughts positive or negative?
See, most will find it strange that anyone should ask, they never really thought about it much and we are all similarly unawares of all this inquiry, self-talk, questioning, critique that goes on inside our minds!
SO everyone’s advice of making a conscious effort to think with an optimistic attitude and anticipate positive outcomes seems more of a insurmountable task as we will have thousands of thoughts literally every day, hour, minute, second and to deem the either, revise them to overwhelmingly positive ones at that seems almost impossible to undertake and effectively do.
What Can It Do For You?
Once and for all, you can change negative self-fulfilling prophesies and negative self-talk, setting yourself up to fail. You can actively, deliberately do a 180 degree turn and start thinking in a positive manner about yourself and your life, your future. You can be happy and successful, experience life to its fullest. Actively make better, more positive choices, choose your process and outcome and be more in control, not a victim of circumstance.
Happiness over sadness, smiles over tears, do not deny yourself emotions and upset, just put a different spin and light (perspective) on it and you will see life, outlook, prospects, mood change.
Find the silver lining in every dark cloud and you will start seeing things you never would have otherwise. Be, get and stay optimistic and positive despite what might be challenging and getting you under right this very minute.
Take a longer view, futuristic and forward-focused. Be good humored, patient and look for what life and tomorrow has to offer for you. Dismiss worries and stress, negative thinking and ban worry from your life. Ensure that you surround you with others who are positive also, be inspiring, affirm to yourself happiness, health, powerful positive mantras that motivate and let you reach higher, believe in yourself, embrace potential, promise and opportunity. That is the nature and scope of a positive attitude!
Dare to speak into reality what you wish for to be, master your thinking and wayward mind, concentrate, focus and reflect on things more often, at every opportunity and you might surprised how different things might be in the morning!
The benefits of a positive attitude abound, stretching deep, reaching high, far and wide, for a variety of things in life. There are many faces, guises and ways that it will manifest itself in both your personal and professional life.
If you have positive attitude you and others will recognize:
– An innate and undeniable ability to inspire and motivate self and others.
– Confidence and self-belief
– Goal achievement
– Happy and energetic, more life-force, driven and determined, more stamina, endurance and perseverance, greater inner power and strength.
– Success faster, readily, easily, without much hassle – seemingly seamless and almost effortless, by default
– Less hurdles, obstacles and difficulty to overcome on life’s path
– Overcoming trouble and problems easily, finding solutions quickly, almost on demand
– More open-minded and welcoming
– Gaining respect for self, by others
– Positive attitude believes you can, say yes, negative attitude just the opposite
So live LIFE positively and to the fullest with lots of confidence!
Keyboard Shorcuts (Microsoft Windows)
1. CTRL+C (Copy)
2. CTRL+X (Cut)
3. CTRL+V (Paste)
4. CTRL+Z (Undo)
5. DELETE (Delete)
6. SHIFT+DELETE (Delete the selected item permanently without placing the item in the Recycle Bin)
7. CTRL while dragging an item (Copy the selected item)
8. CTRL+SHIFT while dragging an item (Create a shortcut to the selected item)
9. F2 key (Rename the selected item)
10. CTRL+RIGHT ARROW (Move the insertion point to the beginning of the next word)
11. CTRL+LEFT ARROW (Move the insertion point to the beginning of the previous word)
12. CTRL+DOWN ARROW (Move the insertion point to the beginning of the next paragraph)
13. CTRL+UP ARROW (Move the insertion point to the beginning of the previous paragraph)
14. CTRL+SHIFT with any of the arrow keys (Highlight a block of text)
SHIFT with any of the arrow keys (Select more than one item in a window or on the desktop, or select text in a document)
15. CTRL+A (Select all)
16. F3 key (Search for a file or a folder)
17. ALT+ENTER (View the properties for the selected item)
18. ALT+F4 (Close the active item, or quit the active program)
19. ALT+ENTER (Display the properties of the selected object)
20. ALT+SPACEBAR (Open the shortcut menu for the active window)
21. CTRL+F4 (Close the active document in programs that enable you to have multiple documents opensimultaneou sly)
22. ALT+TAB (Switch between the open items)
23. ALT+ESC (Cycle through items in the order that they had been opened)
24. F6 key (Cycle through the screen elements in a window or on the desktop)
25. F4 key (Display the Address bar list in My Computer or Windows Explorer)
26. SHIFT+F10 (Display the shortcut menu for the selected item)
27. ALT+SPACEBAR (Display the System menu for the active window)
28. CTRL+ESC (Display the Start menu)
29. ALT+Underlined letter in a menu name (Display the corresponding menu) Underlined letter in a command name on an open menu (Perform the corresponding command)
30. F10 key (Activate the menu bar in the active program)
31. RIGHT ARROW (Open the next menu to the right, or open a submenu)
32. LEFT ARROW (Open the next menu to the left, or close a submenu)
33. F5 key (Update the active window)
34. BACKSPACE (View the folder onelevel up in My Computer or Windows Explorer)
35. ESC (Cancel the current task)
36. SHIFT when you insert a CD-ROMinto the CD-ROM drive (Prevent the CD-ROM from automatically playing)
Dialog Box – Keyboard Shortcuts
1. CTRL+TAB (Move forward through the tabs)
2. CTRL+SHIFT+TAB (Move backward through the tabs)
3. TAB (Move forward through the options)
4. SHIFT+TAB (Move backward through the options)
5. ALT+Underlined letter (Perform the corresponding command or select the corresponding option)
6. ENTER (Perform the command for the active option or button)
7. SPACEBAR (Select or clear the check box if the active option is a check box)
8. Arrow keys (Select a button if the active option is a group of option buttons)
9. F1 key (Display Help)
10. F4 key (Display the items in the active list)
11. BACKSPACE (Open a folder one level up if a folder is selected in the Save As or Open dialog box)
Microsoft Natural Keyboard Shortcuts
1. Windows Logo (Display or hide the Start menu)
2. Windows Logo+BREAK (Display the System Properties dialog box)
3. Windows Logo+D (Display the desktop)
4. Windows Logo+M (Minimize all of the windows)
5. Windows Logo+SHIFT+M (Restorethe minimized windows)
6. Windows Logo+E (Open My Computer)
7. Windows Logo+F (Search for a file or a folder)
8. CTRL+Windows Logo+F (Search for computers)
9. Windows Logo+F1 (Display Windows Help)
10. Windows Logo+ L (Lock the keyboard)
11. Windows Logo+R (Open the Run dialog box)
12. Windows Logo+U (Open Utility Manager)
13. Accessibility Keyboard Shortcuts
14. Right SHIFT for eight seconds (Switch FilterKeys either on or off)
15. Left ALT+left SHIFT+PRINT SCREEN (Switch High Contrast either on or off)
16. Left ALT+left SHIFT+NUM LOCK (Switch the MouseKeys either on or off)
17. SHIFT five times (Switch the StickyKeys either on or off)
18. NUM LOCK for five seconds (Switch the ToggleKeys either on or off)
19. Windows Logo +U (Open Utility Manager)
20. Windows Explorer Keyboard Shortcuts
21. END (Display the bottom of the active window)
22. HOME (Display the top of the active window)
23. NUM LOCK+Asterisk sign (*) (Display all of the subfolders that are under the selected folder)
24. NUM LOCK+Plus sign (+) (Display the contents of the selected folder)
MMC COnsole Windows Shortcut keys
1. SHIFT+F10 (Display the Action shortcut menu for the selected item)
2. F1 key (Open the Help topic, if any, for the selected item)
3. F5 key (Update the content of all console windows)
4. CTRL+F10 (Maximize the active console window)
5. CTRL+F5 (Restore the active console window)
6. ALT+ENTER (Display the Properties dialog box, if any, for theselected item)
7. F2 key (Rename the selected item)
8. CTRL+F4 (Close the active console window. When a console has only one console window, this shortcut closes the console)
Remote Desktop Connection Navigation
1. CTRL+ALT+END (Open the Microsoft Windows NT Security dialog box)
2. ALT+PAGE UP (Switch between programs from left to right)
3. ALT+PAGE DOWN (Switch between programs from right to left)
4. ALT+INSERT (Cycle through the programs in most recently used order)
5. ALT+HOME (Display the Start menu)
6. CTRL+ALT+BREAK (Switch the client computer between a window and a full screen)
7. ALT+DELETE (Display the Windows menu)
8. CTRL+ALT+Minus sign (-) (Place a snapshot of the active window in the client on the Terminal server clipboard and provide the same functionality as pressing PRINT SCREEN on a local computer.)
9. CTRL+ALT+Plus sign (+) (Place asnapshot of the entire client window area on the Terminal server clipboardand provide the same functionality aspressing ALT+PRINT SCREEN on a local computer.)
Microsoft Internet Explorer Keyboard Shortcuts
1. CTRL+B (Open the Organize Favorites dialog box)
2. CTRL+E (Open the Search bar)
3. CTRL+F (Start the Find utility)
4. CTRL+H (Open the History bar)
5. CTRL+I (Open the Favorites bar)
6. CTRL+L (Open the Open dialog box)
7. CTRL+N (Start another instance of the browser with the same Web address)
8. CTRL+O (Open the Open dialog box,the same as CTRL+L)
9. CTRL+P (Open the Print dialog box)
10. CTRL+R (Update the current Web )
Hope this help 🙂
- Accept yourself and share with other thoughts and actions, borne of deep inner peace and tranquility, self-confidence and positive attitude – see the day, lives and future change right before your eyes.
- Avoid all forms of negative judgmental self critique, back talk, self-chatter that is self defeating(what some call our inner critic or conscience).
- Communication and the ability to express what you want, say, think, feel is paramount. If you are coming from a point of a positive attitude you will be best served coming across as confident, credible, reliable, etc.
- Here are some more wise words from Carl Jung: “Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.”
- Make precious moments count and collect memories that last a lifetime. Do not bear burdens from the past, reconcile and ask/grant forgiveness, no grudges, no regrets, banning negativity from your life, can have far-reaching effects and impact on your health and even longevity. You are one functioning whole and letting go is the only way to embrace what is to come.
- Take care or the small, sentimental, significant things and people in and around your life,doing the things you enjoy.
- Make and keep things positive. Make a point of it to surround yourself with upbeat and similarly positive energy and individuals. See the pleasure in the little and simple things.
- Lend a helping hand and believe in human goodness once again.
- Do a favor for someone else, pay it forward, run and errand for someone, volunteer or entertain an elderly person by reading their favorite book or poetry, serve your community of join a special interest group working with teens, troubled youngsters, food-bank etc.
- Find your inner self and reflect more on your peace, contribution and sharing that you have to give.
- Think of yourself as achieving something great in life – having purpose and meaning, direction to your life and existence.
- Expect better and the most from and for yourself. Learn from both success and failure to succeed, which is just another way of learning more, new things, even if only what not to do (again). Keep the hope alive…
- To love and be loved is a very real thing, without which our lives will be characterized by distrust, mistrust, fear, depression, guilt, anger, un-forgiveness, and every negative thought and emotion imaginable. Make disconnection reconnection and see the humor, fun side to life ever so often.
- Boost your confidence and be a lifelong learner, keeping your faculties sharp as a tack.
- Involve and engage self and others in mental activities, gaming, social networks, to improve confidence levels and provide positive attitude derivative coping mechanisms. Nutrition, exercise, wellness, mood and attitude go hand in hand.
We always heard statements or someone telling us “if you want it done right, then get busy and do it yourself”. Think carefully about this statement, since the notions are facts that all of us must consider.
I believe we all got skills, unique talents and answers within us that will guide or lead us to the path of success. Success however confuses people, since all of us have something different to offer the prompts us to in different directions.
Therefore, some people find it harder than others to find success.
Simply because they are in someone else’s shoes. Really, it only takes us to get out of someone else’s shoes and fill in our own shoes that fit us well.
Very few people will agree that it is easy to achieve success. Most people sit around saying, success only happens to the lucky ones. This is true for them, simply because they keep this negative thinking, which hinders them from their own success.
Honestly, success is harder because most people fail to see how to get their success. They often rely on others to take them to the highway to success. The truth is finding your success takes you. If you look inside you and explore your mind, you will feel amazed at the answers you will find that you can use as to self-reliance and to make constructive changes.
Take time to explore you.
Learn now how to get on the highway that guides you to success by exploring your inner strengths, mind, etcetera.
When you take time to explore your mind, it not only builds your awareness it also guides you to discovery. You start to learn from your experiences, learning, past, and other aspects of your life. You begin to put those influences that misguide you behind you and start to rely on you to find answers and get on your road to success.
The key is taking it slow.
Rather than expect too much from you, or expect a miracle overnight you learn to pace it and discover inner truths and answers. The fact is we were created with innate abilities and even knowledge. We learn by observing our nature, which helps us to see what we must do to live happier, and to achieve our own success.
By exploring nature and its entirety, you will find that what you must do is learn to accept that you were created with an innate spirit that directs you straight to your creator. Once you start to see this, you will eat healthier.
What does this have to do with self-reliance, constructive changes and success? It has everything to do with it, since if your body is eating unhealthy, your mind will be affected. When your mind is affected, you cannot think straight.
Get on your road now by exploring your future, history and your mind. By exploring your mind alone you will build awareness, skills, and clear up clutter, such as fear, doubts, etc, which helps you, find your guide that leads you to success. Address reinforcements to make constructive changes
Take time to explore YOU!
Various types of information, or content, are available across the website. Often neglected by the business owner is the control of information that is presented on their website.
Like running a business, website should also be managed carefully.
The management of each piece of website content varies depending upon its type. Content can be in the form of basic words or sentence composition. This may be the case in terms of news websites, informational articles, or how-to instructions. It can also contain hypertext links that direct the reader to additional information.
Digital content can be much more complex. It may exist in multimedia files, such as video or audio files.
Website usability plays an important role to present the information in a clear and concise way.
Web Accessibility in its most basic definition is about making sure the website works for the widest possible audience. For most people, it is easy to browse the web, they can point and click, visually skip over content they don’t want to read, listen and watch a video clip, and skim for what they are looking for.
Providing content in an accessible way with alternative text on images, captions on videos, and the use of headings to create proper structure, gives a search application a way to organize and rate website content.
With so much of the Internet driven by web content, performing a content audit can be the single-most important activity to ensure optimum visibility of a website. Content audits, which are sometimes called content inventories or content assessments, are conducted to ensure that text, images and links are all in working order.
In addition, a content audit can reveal problems with user-friendliness of a website so that corrections and improvements can be made to make it more useful to visitors. Take note, visitor will judge you with what they see first and first impression lasts.
So, take a look at your face—your website. Are you confident to show it to the world? Or are you worrying with all the blemishes that will scare away your leads or your customers?