Category Archives: FAILURE or SUCCESS
If you are into financial investment, you’re probably very familiar with Mr. Warren Buffet (1951–present). He is the most successful investor in the world. His investment strategies are legendary and many people seek to learn after him.
Even more respectable, he pledged to give away 99% of his wealth (more than $30 billions at the time of the pledge in 2006) to non-profit foundations, mostly to Bill Gate’s Foundation.
Mr. Buffet often travels to universities to give speeches to educate and motivate students. Here is one of his speeches to teach us the value of our body, to invest in ourselves, in education for a great future.
Imagine that a Genie offers you any car in the world. The catch is that it is the only car you will ever own. What would you do?
You would read the manual ten times, change the oil twice as often as required, and you would take fastidious care so that that car remained the car of your dreams forever.
Think about what this tells you about your body.
You get only one mind and one body–the same ones you will have at 20, 40, 60, etc.
Take care of them and maximize their potential. It will be too late to take care of your body and mind (and car) later on. You can maintain them, but it is hard or impossible to undo big mistakes or negligence later on. You do not want to end up with a wreck on your hands.
Your main asset in life is yourself.
Treat yourself as a valuable asset. I often explain to students that I would be willing to pay today for a percentage of the future earnings of good students.
If you value yourself, and invest in yourself, you will be worth a great deal through out your lifetime, both to yourself and to your community.
Author: Warren Buffet
Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” Winston Churchill.
Positive attitude is a strong link that connects with confidence and performance. Think of a stage performer who has stage fright.
We do not spend a lot of time thinking about it, until we see the extremes at work in our lives and relationships, personally and professionally, either positive or negative. Hugh Downs once quipped equally eloquently that a happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.
So what are we to make of this all?
Positive attitude, thoughts, actions, beliefs, learned behavior, genetics, predispositions, it is all a state of mind, mind over matter and easy to do, most wisdom and thought out there currently tote. When it comes to the practicalities thought insights remains sparse and the battle is ongoing.
The jury is out in most cases on how exactly this mind-body-soul type connection actually works, secrets, laws of attractions, power of positive thought, there certainly are numerous musing available on the topic.
Just try thinking at the thoughts you had in the last couple of minutes as you were starting to read this blog, what were your thoughts? What were you saying to yourself? Were your thoughts positive or negative?
See, most will find it strange that anyone should ask, they never really thought about it much and we are all similarly unawares of all this inquiry, self-talk, questioning, critique that goes on inside our minds!
SO everyone’s advice of making a conscious effort to think with an optimistic attitude and anticipate positive outcomes seems more of a insurmountable task as we will have thousands of thoughts literally every day, hour, minute, second and to deem the either, revise them to overwhelmingly positive ones at that seems almost impossible to undertake and effectively do.
What Can It Do For You?
Once and for all, you can change negative self-fulfilling prophesies and negative self-talk, setting yourself up to fail. You can actively, deliberately do a 180 degree turn and start thinking in a positive manner about yourself and your life, your future. You can be happy and successful, experience life to its fullest. Actively make better, more positive choices, choose your process and outcome and be more in control, not a victim of circumstance.
Happiness over sadness, smiles over tears, do not deny yourself emotions and upset, just put a different spin and light (perspective) on it and you will see life, outlook, prospects, mood change.
Find the silver lining in every dark cloud and you will start seeing things you never would have otherwise. Be, get and stay optimistic and positive despite what might be challenging and getting you under right this very minute.
Take a longer view, futuristic and forward-focused. Be good humored, patient and look for what life and tomorrow has to offer for you. Dismiss worries and stress, negative thinking and ban worry from your life. Ensure that you surround you with others who are positive also, be inspiring, affirm to yourself happiness, health, powerful positive mantras that motivate and let you reach higher, believe in yourself, embrace potential, promise and opportunity. That is the nature and scope of a positive attitude!
Dare to speak into reality what you wish for to be, master your thinking and wayward mind, concentrate, focus and reflect on things more often, at every opportunity and you might surprised how different things might be in the morning!
The benefits of a positive attitude abound, stretching deep, reaching high, far and wide, for a variety of things in life. There are many faces, guises and ways that it will manifest itself in both your personal and professional life.
If you have positive attitude you and others will recognize:
– An innate and undeniable ability to inspire and motivate self and others.
– Confidence and self-belief
– Goal achievement
– Happy and energetic, more life-force, driven and determined, more stamina, endurance and perseverance, greater inner power and strength.
– Success faster, readily, easily, without much hassle – seemingly seamless and almost effortless, by default
– Less hurdles, obstacles and difficulty to overcome on life’s path
– Overcoming trouble and problems easily, finding solutions quickly, almost on demand
– More open-minded and welcoming
– Gaining respect for self, by others
– Positive attitude believes you can, say yes, negative attitude just the opposite
So live LIFE positively and to the fullest with lots of confidence!
- Accept yourself and share with other thoughts and actions, borne of deep inner peace and tranquility, self-confidence and positive attitude – see the day, lives and future change right before your eyes.
- Avoid all forms of negative judgmental self critique, back talk, self-chatter that is self defeating(what some call our inner critic or conscience).
- Communication and the ability to express what you want, say, think, feel is paramount. If you are coming from a point of a positive attitude you will be best served coming across as confident, credible, reliable, etc.
- Here are some more wise words from Carl Jung: “Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.”
- Make precious moments count and collect memories that last a lifetime. Do not bear burdens from the past, reconcile and ask/grant forgiveness, no grudges, no regrets, banning negativity from your life, can have far-reaching effects and impact on your health and even longevity. You are one functioning whole and letting go is the only way to embrace what is to come.
- Take care or the small, sentimental, significant things and people in and around your life,doing the things you enjoy.
- Make and keep things positive. Make a point of it to surround yourself with upbeat and similarly positive energy and individuals. See the pleasure in the little and simple things.
- Lend a helping hand and believe in human goodness once again.
- Do a favor for someone else, pay it forward, run and errand for someone, volunteer or entertain an elderly person by reading their favorite book or poetry, serve your community of join a special interest group working with teens, troubled youngsters, food-bank etc.
- Find your inner self and reflect more on your peace, contribution and sharing that you have to give.
- Think of yourself as achieving something great in life – having purpose and meaning, direction to your life and existence.
- Expect better and the most from and for yourself. Learn from both success and failure to succeed, which is just another way of learning more, new things, even if only what not to do (again). Keep the hope alive…
- To love and be loved is a very real thing, without which our lives will be characterized by distrust, mistrust, fear, depression, guilt, anger, un-forgiveness, and every negative thought and emotion imaginable. Make disconnection reconnection and see the humor, fun side to life ever so often.
- Boost your confidence and be a lifelong learner, keeping your faculties sharp as a tack.
- Involve and engage self and others in mental activities, gaming, social networks, to improve confidence levels and provide positive attitude derivative coping mechanisms. Nutrition, exercise, wellness, mood and attitude go hand in hand.
We always heard statements or someone telling us “if you want it done right, then get busy and do it yourself”. Think carefully about this statement, since the notions are facts that all of us must consider.
I believe we all got skills, unique talents and answers within us that will guide or lead us to the path of success. Success however confuses people, since all of us have something different to offer the prompts us to in different directions.
Therefore, some people find it harder than others to find success.
Simply because they are in someone else’s shoes. Really, it only takes us to get out of someone else’s shoes and fill in our own shoes that fit us well.
Very few people will agree that it is easy to achieve success. Most people sit around saying, success only happens to the lucky ones. This is true for them, simply because they keep this negative thinking, which hinders them from their own success.
Honestly, success is harder because most people fail to see how to get their success. They often rely on others to take them to the highway to success. The truth is finding your success takes you. If you look inside you and explore your mind, you will feel amazed at the answers you will find that you can use as to self-reliance and to make constructive changes.
Take time to explore you.
Learn now how to get on the highway that guides you to success by exploring your inner strengths, mind, etcetera.
When you take time to explore your mind, it not only builds your awareness it also guides you to discovery. You start to learn from your experiences, learning, past, and other aspects of your life. You begin to put those influences that misguide you behind you and start to rely on you to find answers and get on your road to success.
The key is taking it slow.
Rather than expect too much from you, or expect a miracle overnight you learn to pace it and discover inner truths and answers. The fact is we were created with innate abilities and even knowledge. We learn by observing our nature, which helps us to see what we must do to live happier, and to achieve our own success.
By exploring nature and its entirety, you will find that what you must do is learn to accept that you were created with an innate spirit that directs you straight to your creator. Once you start to see this, you will eat healthier.
What does this have to do with self-reliance, constructive changes and success? It has everything to do with it, since if your body is eating unhealthy, your mind will be affected. When your mind is affected, you cannot think straight.
Get on your road now by exploring your future, history and your mind. By exploring your mind alone you will build awareness, skills, and clear up clutter, such as fear, doubts, etc, which helps you, find your guide that leads you to success. Address reinforcements to make constructive changes
Take time to explore YOU!
Failure is instructive. The person who really thinks learns quite as much from his failures as from his successes. Genuine ignorance is profitable because it is likely to be accompanied by humility, curiosity, and open-mindedness; whereas ability to repeat catch-phrases, cant terms, familiar propositions, gives the conceit of learning and coats the mind with varnish waterproof to new ideas. -John Dewey
I have failed not just once but quite a number of times in my different ventures in life like businesses and relationship.
The feeling that you want to do great in the business you started and hoping that it will bring you success. Even if you gave all you got but in the end you… failed.
The feeling that you know all the best ways to make it work and believing that you can make it happen. Even if you gave all your effort but at one moment you realized… this is not what you expect it to be.
Have you ever felt so scared of making a mistake or failing again that you decide not to do what you wanted to do?
So many of us miss out on so many great opportunities, because we’re scared of the things that might go wrong. We let the fear of failure hold us back.
Fear of failure that can keep us from achieving our dreams. The fear of failure is perhaps the strongest force holding us below our potential. It has a crippling effect, but it doesn’t have to remain that way. It can only have this effect if we let it.
If you read a story about a successful person or a successful company I guarantee there will have been multiple failures.
More often than not, it’s our failures that lead us to our successes.
Do not be afraid to fail because some of the vital lessons of success cannot be taught. They can only be experienced. Even if you find someone to teach you, it may not make much meaning to you until you are in the situation and it will be clear to you.
If you are not afraid to fail, you will be able to get anything especially leveraging on your experience in failure!
Look at “fear” or “failure” as “value” instead.
Keep moving, fail and move on to success!
Or you might need some famous quotations from successful people to help you give the meaning of your own success.
Here are my top ten favorite success quotes:
“Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”–Winston Churchill
“Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” –Maya Angelou
“Let no feeling of discouragement prey upon you, and in the end you are sure to succeed.” –Abraham Lincoln
“As long as you’re going to be thinking anyway, think big.” –Donald Trump
“Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.” –Benjamin Franklin
“If you are going to fear anything fear success. Think about what you are doing and when you succeed what life you will have” –Brandon Chalmers
“Success is not so much what we have, as it is what we are.” –Jim Rohn
“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours.” –Henry David Thoreau
“Money won’t create success, the freedom to make it will.” –Nelson Mandela
“I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty six times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”— Michael Jordan
So, now that you have those insights from successful people on how they think of success you should also understand how success means to you.
You have got to be able to define success and describe it in clear words before you can be and feel successful. It would be a shame to go through your career, your business and the rest of your life and miss all the success you are creating along the way if you are too busy chasing the wrong definition.
When we are not clear about our own definition of success or a vague understanding on how to achieve it, we get confused easily and lose direction along the way. And if we follow some role model and just can’t attain their definition of success, so then we feel bad and compare our self. We feel small. We feel insignificant. We feel even like a failure.
Defining success in your own words should be one of the first steps in any personal development journey. You need to clearly give the meaning of how success means to you.
When we are absolutely clear on our definition of success, we feel good – and feeling good reflect all positive energy. We feel empowered. We feel strong. We feel in charge. We feel happy. We feel beautiful. We feel fulfilled.
At this moment take time to realize and dig deep down inside what SUCCESS really means to you. And remember this will shape what your future will BE.